Thursday, October 05, 2006

Got Sick

I had been sick for 3 days, it is really not a good thing for a man who supposed to be very healthy and everytime he won't got sick for more than a day, plus no pill is needed. Is that man getting older and too many comparison to the past will make that man even older than he should be???

Today, I felt quit well when I woke up in the morning, so obviously I won't dare to stay home and take another day off. Since I picked up my first full time job, I rarely picked up a sick day off. It just very uncomfortable and have a feeling that only "weak" person will take that to escape from work. This week...I had already taken 1.75 day off because of the sickness. Today I left is not mainly on my illness but the "peer pressure" from work. The working culture in the main stream is quit difference to the place I've worked before. My peer preferred the sick person to stay away from work and getting rest, instead of spreading out the germs to the rest of the people in the office. Some of the colleague who rarely talk with you and today they will start the conversation with your illness...indeed I sense a big concern about my illness had been raised out.

Alan used to say "the much you can be elasticized in the workplace, the much you can succeed." I am not taking that as my "golden verse", but taking other's feeling into consideration. Eddie also mentioned that people who worked in the main stream are really concerned about the "illness" issue in the office...then...I...pack...and...go...

No comments: