Saturday, October 07, 2006

Love with all your heart and with all your soul...(simply everything)

Remember a month ago, I saw a man on a wheele chair who was climbing up to a slope near Scarborough Town Centre. I am a healthy man with 2 arms and 2 legs, stood there and had been struggling with helping or not helping. So many excuses came up to persuade myself of not going to give a handly and easy favor to a man who needed assistance. It is too far away (around 50m), not sure that man will accept my help, he may feel offended...etc. Because of those stupid excuses, I gave up a opportunity to give a hand to someone who needs it.


After all, I felt very guilty from the deep of my heart, also, the I truely hear the blame from Holy Spirit by pointing out a bunch of verses in the book of Gospel (Jesus's teaching and parable-matt 5:38-42, 1 John 3:18). Indeed, the blame from Holy Spirit is really really really really not a good thing and I am so regret of what I had done...like Edmund said "the non-decided decision". I decided not to give a help...and then I confessed to God and really promised that next time I will go without hesitation. All of the sudden, I hated the word "next time", 下次, tomorrow, next chance...I need to get rid of those words and need to treasure the presence.


Yesterday, when I was busing home from 0.75 day-off, I saw a lady puzzling about the direction and she even seem more puzzle after she talk to the bus driver. At the same time, I needed to take off at Bur Oak and heading back home. That lady was also taking off right after me. She was very puzzling about where she is going. After I walked for a few steps, the wheelchair incident flashed in...then I walked back to see where she is heading. Eventually, she is heading to Yee Hong, but she didn't know the direction. Hey wasn't that a simple question for me...if I didn't turn back, I would miss another chance and go through the same struggle again. Thanks God...although it was a small incident, but it just help me to apply the verse " Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deu6:5

No comments: